- Hearts & Crafts Soy Wax 10 lb. Bag (Qty: 1)
- Wick Bar (Qty: 2)
- 8 Inch Glass Thermometer 1 pc Thermometer (Qty: 1)
- Small Pouring Pitcher 1 pc Pitcher (Qty: 1)
- 6″ Wicks 100 pc Bag (Qty: 1)
- 8 oz. Jar (Qty: 2)
- Hearts & Crafts Wax Dyes (Qty: 1 Box)
- Scented Oil or Fragrances
- Melt 1 lb. of Hearts & Craft Soy Wax (16 oz.) using a double boiler. First heat the wax to 180 F. And heat in the glass jars to 125 F in order to prevent pull away as the candles are settling.
- Add in a few chips of the Hearts & Crafts wax dye (a few of them go a long way) and stir. Note: The colors will become more vivid when the wax begins to dry. If you see specks of solid color in the bottom your boiler, try adding the dye chips at a slightly higher temperature.
- Add your choice of fragrance. When adding fragrances, stir well and remove from heat. If you leave it on the heat the fragrance will evaporate from the wax.
- While the wax is cooling, place a glue or a sticky tab on the bottom of the pre-tabbed wick and center the wick inside the 8 oz jar. Repeat this step for your second jar. Note: You will have some leftover wax. You can use it in smaller containers such as tealights or save it for your next batch.
- Wait until the wax cools to 135 F, then carefully pour the wax evenly into the 2 jars.
- Place the wick bar with the center peak facing up on top of your jar. Pull wick taut and gently press wick into the opening of the wick bar. This will keep the wick straight and centered while the candle is cooling.
- Let the candles cool at room temperature overnight for the best results.
- Each time before lighting your candle trim the wick to ¼ inches, and then enjoy! If you have added scents, we recommend you allow your candles to cure for 3-5 days to allow the scent to bond to the candle.
You are now the proud owner of your first soy candle!
Once again, congratulations on creating your very first Soy Wax candle (or if it isn’t grats on making your first H&C style candle). You can rest easy knowing that they are eco-friendly and renewable!
We know how amazing it feels to explore your creative side while crafting something with your own hands, and we are happy that we could share that feeling with you. While you may have just taken your first step into the crafting world, we’re sure it won’t be your last! Hearts & Crafts will be there to support you on your journey 100% of the way! If you have any questions or comments, or would just like to show off some candles you’re especially proud of feel free to show them off on our store page, or just email them directly to us at email@example.com!